Protesters Demand Government Reverse Its Decision to Scrap Recruitment Exam
Key Points:
Selected candidates take out tiranga yatra from Morabadi to Albert Ekka Chowk
Aspirants warn of a sharper stir if demands are not met
Protesters say scrutiny of irregularities should not punish all candidates
RANCHI – Thousands of candidates who had cleared the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission’s combined graduate level examination marched through the state capital on Thursday to demand that the government withdraw its decision to cancel the results.
The demonstrators began their tricolour march at Ranchi’s Morabadi Maidan and walked to Albert Ekka Chowk, carrying the national flag and raising slogans such as “Nyay do ya phansi do” and calls to reverse the JSSC-CGL cancellation.
A large number of candidates who had qualified for the exam joined the procession. Many carried banners describing years of preparation now left in limbo.
However, the aspirants said the commission’s move to scrap the results had thrown their futures into uncertainty after years of effort. They argued that any inquiry into irregularities should not come at the cost of punishing every successful candidate.
“We studied for years to clear this exam honestly, and now our careers hang in the balance over allegations that concern only a few,” said one of the selected candidates taking part in the march.
Meanwhile, the protesters urged the Hemant Soren government to reconsider its decision and safeguard the interests of those who had already been selected. They marched peacefully, holding the tricolour aloft, and said officials should investigate specific complaints rather than annul the entire recruitment process.
Besides seeking a rollback of the cancellation, the demonstrators cautioned that the agitation would be intensified if the state government failed to respond positively to their demands. The protest comes amid a broader student movement in Jharkhand over JPSC and JSSC examination issues, with the Central Investigation Department separately conducting a CID probe into an alleged paper leak linked to the same recruitment cycle.
On the other hand, opposition parties have also weighed in on the standoff, with some leaders saying the students’ demands for reform were legitimate. A separate round of talks between agitating students and officials was also under discussion this week, though it involves a different group protesting broader JPSC-JSSC recruitment issues.
In addition, the aspirants appealed to the state government to open a dialogue soon so that the future of the selected candidates could be secured. Discontent among successful candidates has grown steadily since the JSSC-CGL results were cancelled, with several rounds of protests reported in Jharkhand’s capital in recent days, including a hunger strike by student leader Devendra Nath Mahto and a related decision to scrap the 14th JPSC exam.


